Thursday, October 21, 2010
Candy Corn Jars
For those of you with preschoolers, you might remember the cartoon-commercial on the Noggin Channel featuring the song, "I Don't Like Candy Corn." Well in our house, its a fave. Who knows why, its straight up sugar and food coloring. Things my kids are never allowed to eat outside of Halloween. Anyhow, I combined two different craft ideas from a couple blogs I visit to use up some of the baby food jars collecting dust on the kitchen counter. I'm not going to feature step by step photos...don't have the time to get extra fancy.
1. Get out the baby food jars. I used two different sizes.
2. Paint the lids black or spray paint.
3. Glue some ribbon along the jar lids. DON'T use the glue gun as it makes the paint melt away. I used the old Tacky Glue. I also made a bow on the first jar. It's not very noticeable so I stopped after the first one. Might turn one into a hair bow for baby girl.
4. Spell out candy or BOO or something cute. I used scrapbook stickers from Michaels.
5. Fill with candy corn.
6. Keep kids from eating the candy.