Monday, February 28, 2011

Cherry Blossom Water Colors

Hello Friends,

I am very behind on blogging this month.  With baby number 5, I have lost track of time and even signed into the HHH on Wednesday last week...no wonder I couldn't log in!  I hope you take the time to check out my last couple posts on organizing my curriculum mess and one on  Childhood of Famous Americans.

Here is our latest water color project, Cherry Blossom Water Colors.  These are some of my favorite trees and I remember doing a pastel of cherry blossoms when I was in 3rd grade.  Just this past week, we had a huge storm blow over us and I watched as my blossoms were blown from the trees and covered the grass like the snow.  We were supposed to get a rare sprinkling of snow, but the storm just headed up to the mountains.  Thankfully most of the blossoms are still there.  When we completed our fall paintings last fall, I decided to have the kids paint seasonally as we discuss and celebrate the changing seasons.  If you haven't done so, I hope you check out the fall and winter ones too!

Amie


Joy-Joy is supposed to be fishing the chocolate chips out of the raisins but finds great pleasure in yanking the clip out of her hair...


Kids working on thier horizon lines, grass and sky.






Adding the tree and giant roots!


Adding the blossoms and other details...



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tree Watercolors! Stoppin' by again on the HHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I am new and following from the HHH. Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I really love the pictures the kids are painting. They are beautiful. Congratulations on baby #5. She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice painting! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete