Sunday, January 23, 2011

Large Family Logistics

Raising Olives has become a frequent stop in my blog reading.  Here I find encouragement and ideas as a mother homeschooling a growing family.  Raising Olives' recent post includes an excerpt from a book titled, Large Family Logistics.

"Motherhood is a life of sacrifice; it is a life poured out for our children. So what are we to do to get some space from it all? When we are honest with ourselves, we know that it is not “Me Time” we need or a “Girls’ Night Out.” Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. God is who we need. While there are helpful strategies we can employ in order to have a more peaceful day with our children, the number one thing we must do is to deny Self and cling to the cross."
 ~Kim Brenneman, Large Family Logistics

All I can say is, "Well said Kim."

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for being the one to introduce me to that blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I? I forget...Prego brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Deny self...easy to say, hard to do. Hard to REALLY understand exactly how sneaky "self" can be too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, forgot to mention...stopping by from HHH. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice to meet you amie!

    love the above words. i've died to self being not only a mother but also living in the mountains away from civilization...MANY changes!
    God is amazing and always faithful~
    p.s. excited for your new arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing those beautiful words from Raising Olives. It has been a while since I have visited her blog. I think I need to fix that.

    Praying for you and your eagerly anticipated arrival!

    ReplyDelete